The Moss Vale & Rural Chamber of Commerce along with the Wingecarribee Shire Council are calling on the state’s best buskers to battle it out in the Moss Vale Buskers Battle brought to you by McDonalds – a festival that’s set to be one of the most exciting new events on the Southern Highlands calendar.
From 11am-1pm on Sunday 6th March Leighton Gardens will come alive with the very best local gourmet food, wine, produce and street entertainment.
The celebration continues at 1pm with the Bushweek Parade along Argyle Street up to the Moss Vale Show’s centre arena where celebrity judges will award prizes and the top three buskers will perform for the 10,000 strong Moss Vale Show crowd!
The generous support from local businesses has created an exciting prize pool:
1st Prize: $3000 cash plus a paid gig at the Deckchair Arts Festival, Walsh Bay brought to you by McDonalds
2nd Prize: $1000 cash plus 3 course dinner and drinks for two at Katers Dining Room, Peppers Manor House
3rd Prize: $500 cash brought to you by The Loch, Berrima
4th Prize: Lunch for 2 at Katers Larder, Peppers Manor House
Encouragement Prizes galore!
LATEST INFO AS OF 5TH FEB.
- The Moss Vale Buskers Battle is shaping up to be the most feel-good festival on the Highlands calendar.
- The $5000 worth of awesome prizes has attracted the best musical talent from the Highlands and beyond. (see busker profiles)
- The inimitable Margaret Urlich is teaming up with the ‘Tracy Chapman’ of Australia, Tania Bowra for a special guest performance that will blow everyone away.
- ABC Radio Illawarra’s Nick Rheinberger (check spelling) is MCing the day.
- Judges so far include Margaret Urlich; pre-school hero, ex Yellow Wiggle and star of the national TV show Play Along with Sam, Sam Moran; 2ST’s Graeme Day and another mystery judge yet to be announced.
- The buskers will battle it out in the Leighton Gardens rotunda against a backdrop of the best gourmet food, wine and produce the Highlands has to offer.
- Stalls include Tertini, Peppers Manor House, Artemis and many more.
- McDonalds – Moss Vale
- Gubbins Home Timber & Hardware
- Drysdale’s Property
- Jemmy Moss Inn
- Allan Mackay Autos
- Ray White Moss Vale
- Peppers Manor House
- The Loch
- Photo & Finish
- EA Graphics